- Category: Projects
- Published: Thursday, 14 April 2011 10:26
- Written by Kate Gill de la Garza
- Hits: 1685
What: Community Celebration and Dedication
When: April 30, 2011 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: 6900 35th Ave SW
Interesting Trivia: The highest elevation in Seattle is next to Myrtle Reservoir Park between the two water towers in the High Point neighborhood.
• Come discover other high elevations around the city at the viewing plaza
• Enjoy great jazz music by Jacob Lakatue Quartet
• ‘Ooh and ahh’ as Capoeira Malês demonstrates an amazing acrobatic capoeira performance at 11:30. Spectators will have a chance to learn some of the basic movements and sequences of this exciting Afro-Brazilian art form that incorporates martial arts, dance and music together in a fun and accessible manner!
• Create at the arts and crafts table sponsored by the ARC Summer Day Camp program from High Point and Delridge Community Centers.
Pro Park Levy funding contributed to the creation of this new high gathering spot for West Seattle. Thank you City of Seattle!